Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pizza.jpg
<p />First food photo on forum.

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    darnoc,
    If it tasted as good as it looks then you have a winner.

• darnoc,
    NICE![p]i do pizza with my fibrament pizza stone and boboli crust. i dont know where to get some good premade dough around here.[p]anyway it always turns out good

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    darnoc,
    Wonderful looking pie!! [p]Share your secrets -- recipe, setup, temp...[p]I want to try pizza next weekend -- haven't tried yet!

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    darnoc,[p]A pic is really wooth a 1000 beers!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Mary,
    O K here we go.
    1 1/2 cup high gluten flour(I like King Arthur)or bread flour
    1/2 cup semolina flour
    1 tsp. active dry yeast
    1/2 tsb.salt
    4 tsp. sugar
    1 tsp. olive oil
    3/4 cup warm water about 105 degrees[p]Put the flour in a bowl and set aside.[p]Mix all the ingredients till they dissolve about three minutes.
    dump the wet mixture into your Kitchen Aid or mixer on slow then add the flour.
    Knead for ten minutes or till silky smooth.Or till you have a bakers window when you stretch out the dough.
    Put the dough in a plastic bag lightly oiled and let it rest for two hours.
    Punch down the dough and make it into a ball again and put it in the frige two to three hours and better yet over night.
    Let the dough come to room temp and then make your pie.[p]Sauce[p]1 28 oz can plum tomatoes.Pull tomatoes out of can and hand crush them over a collander.Drain till all of excess fluid is gone.[p]Slice up about 1/2 pound mushrooms to cover
    7 oz low moisture mozzerlla
    3oz provalone or 12 oz of your favorite shredded cheese
    3 Tbls sun dried tomatoes chopped
    1/4 tsp dry basil
    1 tbls olive oil to coat the pie dough[p]After forming the pie it should be about a 14 inch pie put 1 tbls. oil and rub it on your hands and pat the top of the pie to give it a barrier coating.[p]sprinkle the crushed tomatoes on the pie
    sprinkle the basil on top of the tomatoe
    sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes to cover
    add the shredded cheese
    sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top
    then finish with the shrooms[p]Cook in a pre heated egg indirect with a place setter legs down.Tempeature I used was 550.
    pizza stone on top with the three little egg feet under the pizza stone or any other kind of spacer you can find.(Three little balls of foil will work)
    Cook for about ten minutes.Check the crust after 8 minutes.
    Enjoy.

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    darnoc,
    I hate picture of pizza! They look so @#% good and I can't eat them.