Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Whole Chicken - Alabama White Sauce

SaucehogSaucehog Posts: 30
edited 1:38PM in EggHead Forum
chicken.jpg
<p />Evidently Paula Dean did a special on Big Bob Gibson's Alabama White Sauce. Not really a BBQ Sauce, but it is a sauce.[p]So with all the questions we have been getting, we did a test run on a whole chicken. One recommendation was to rub with a hot rub as well. So we used Willingham Cajun Hot.[p]We rubbed the chicken down with the rub, basted with the white sauce.[p]Smoked for about 3 hours until we had an internal temp on the breast of 160F. We basted as we took off the BGE.[p]It came out looking great and tasted great. Do not expect the sauce to taste like a classic BBQ Sauce. It tastes very different, but is somewhat addictive.[p]SO if you want something different, give it a shot. Food TV website also has the directions to make the sauce as well.[p]Cheers,
Saucehog[p]

[ul][li]Alabama White Sauce[/ul]

Comments

• AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Saucehog,[p]Hey were you on that show? I saw it and was intrigued by the white sauce... [p]Is it spicy or like a white sauce on chicken-fried steak?[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• SaucehogSaucehog Posts: 30
    AnnaG,
    No, I was not on the show, but she did have a representative from Big Bob Gibson. She usually likes everything she touches, so we wanted to give it a shot on the BGE just for good measure.[p]I am not sure I would put it on country fried steak. It is not like a gravy, but sort of looks like one. We have used it on chicken tenders and thought it was good.[p]It is not sweet at all, sort of a taste of vinegar and I am not sure what to compare it to.[p]When we have let people sample it, either they love it or hate it..just be warned.[p]
    Cheers,
    Saucehog

• AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    AnnaG,[p]Still a newbie here... Trying to figure out who is who... [p]The part about "So with all the questions we have been getting", made me think you were an employee of that company... [p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• RichardRichard Posts: 698
    Saucehog,[p]Used your Willingham mild rub on some beef ribs today 6 hours at 250 was great.Basted with juicy juice berry and some bbq sauce.[p]Here is the white saouce for those interested:[p]Sauce, White, Big Bob Gibson
    [p]INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    2 Tbs apple cider

Procedure:
    1 Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.

Recipe Type
    BBQ Sauce

Recipe Source
    Author: Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Source: Food Network, Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Episode#: PASP02[p]Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

[p]

• duckeggduckegg Posts: 267
    Saucehog,
    I have that recipe but have been too cowardly to try it. I think I will give it a shot - thanks