Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gourmet Chili & Salsa Festival

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spring Hen and I had to leave yesterday afternoon to return home because my old knees just gave out. But we bought a bunch of stuff from the vendors and Wildseed Farms to bring back with us. It's a great place to visit.[p]Naturally, our interest was about the Big Green Egg demo being put on by BBQ Outfitters. In fact, while I was doing some wine tasting I mentioned to a nice couple from near Waco that the Big Green Egg demo was something they really need to see. We talked about it a bit and I gave him my Texas Egghead card. A half hour later we walked up to the BGE Demo tent and guess who had just bought an Egg? Yep, none other than the couple I spoke to. He's even thinking of getting a couple more as gifts for his family. I told them to be sure to check out The Forum so y'all be nice (which I know you will).[p]The two guys from BBQ Outfitters certainly knew their Eggs and did a great job explaining it to interested people. I'm sure they set in motion a lot of plans to buy Eggs.[p]It was a first class event, we had a great time and I sold and Egg. Life is good.[p]Here's some photos. I took more but some didn't turn out very good. Maybe Lawn Ranger got some.[p]WildseedFarmsBuilding.jpg[p]WildseedFarmsOpenBuilding.jpg[p]BigGreenEggDemoTentatPepperSalsaFes.jpg[p]

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Nice to see everyone had a great time. Sorry about the knees. Sure they didn't get overworked hauling the wood up the hill to the Lawn Rangers Slave Den - I mean - apprentice workshop.? LOL

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Richard,
    Now that you mention it.... Hummmmm??? Maybe I can file for workers compensation LOL.[p]As for LR's Slave Den, I think "he" may be the slave in this instance. The man is committed to filling orders that come in faster'n he can fill 'em. But NOW he has a plan and I'm part of that plan. [p]Let's just wait and see when that plan starts working.[p]Spring "Small Screw In A Big Machine" Chicken

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I'll post them when I get home. Guess what it's doing this morning?....yep, rain! We'll probably check it in today rather than tomorrow. Right before I left yesterday evening, I saw another Egg being loaded. I went over and low and behold, a guy I went to high school with in 1969 in Lubbock was the purchaser. Pretty amazing. [p]LR

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I'll post them when I get home. Guess what it's doing this morning?....yep, rain! We'll probably check it in today rather than tomorrow. Right before I left yesterday evening, I saw another Egg being loaded. I went over and low and behold, a guy I went to high school with in 1969 in Lubbock was the purchaser. Pretty amazing. [p]LR

• VW Gal
    VW Gal Posts: 42
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Looks and sounds like ya'll had a great time! Ever the promoter of the Egg! Good goin'! Check your email. :o)[p]Terri

• VW Gal
    VW Gal Posts: 42
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Check your email, too! Call me if you ever get a minute. :o)[p]Terri

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    VW Gal,
    Hey Kiddo! I have been calling you for months, and I have no e-mail from you. Do you really exist?[p]LR