Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock Verses Upright...the difference?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the benefit to cooking a spatchcock chicken instead of just sticking that BGE chicken holder up its butt?
·

Comments

• Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Eggmeister,
    I haven't tried one upright. I just finished eating a spatchcocked. It was by far the juciest bird I've ever cooked on a grill. EVER. Even jucier than the one I brined and cooked on my kettle. [p]Just my $0.01 as I haven't tried the vertical chicken yet.[p]Mike in Abita

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Eggmeister,
    A spatchcocked chicken will cook faster since you are laying it out flat. This may be the reason it comes out so juicy.

[ul][li]How Juicy Is A Spatchcocked Chicken?[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • The Naked Whiz,[p]Thanks whiz...you guys are so good to newbies like me!
    ·