Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grouper Tips

Options
MW
MW Posts: 61
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a beautiful grouper - two large fillets, I would like to marrinate and smoke.... low and slow... any good recipes would be appreciated...
MW

Comments

• MW,[p]I did grouper last night and for a simple recipe, it was great. [p]Lightly coat grouper fillets with olive oil. Sprinkle steak seasoning (I used Obie's Steak Maker)on both sides. Get Egg to 300-350 degrees and put a layer or two of cabage or lettuce leaves directly on grate. Add some alder wood chips and put fish on cabage or lettuce leaves. I cooked for about 20-25 minutes turning once. What a great taste.

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Robert P, Great idea with the lettuce or cabbage leaves, Is it hard to seperate fish from leaves to turn over, as I'd think the leaves would be rather limp? Just a gentle flip with spatula and fingers I bet. Maybe I just answered my own question.
    Painter

• MW
    MW Posts: 61
    Options
    Robert P, GREAT idea!! Now to make a nice subtle marrinade...mint? . .lime and olive oil? hmmmm
    Thanks MW[p]

• Painter,[p]Lettuce leaves are not as strong as cabbage so they did wilt. Still was able to use fingers and spatula and flip it easy. When done, took off loose lettuce and cranked egg to 600 degrees and burned off the rest.