Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Churrasco - Brazilian Barbecue

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody ever try this on the BGE? Would appreciate any info you can give.[p]Thanks.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    NewBGE, That name Churrasco rings a bell. Never did it but it seems someone way back in the archives had a thread on it.
    A lady from that area I believe..residing in Florida. For those interested here is a website explaining Churrasco. Looks like cooking slabs of beef ribs over open camp fire, similar to the drying of salmon in the NorthWest. [p]C~W[p]

[ul][li]Churrasco[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    fogochao.gif
    <p />New:[p]Not much, but the picture could give you some ideas . . .

[ul][li]Fogo de Chao[/ul]
  • NewBGE,
    I just made Churrasco the other night.. I did it on the mini.. I saw a guy who owns a restaurant on foodtv doing these on a show recently.. He used filet mignons. You get a nice thick one butterfly it open and then pound it flat between plastic wrap.. Then brush on the salmura,(I think its called that) just a salt water mixture, Argentineans
    brush it on all their beef before they grill it.. They are great grillers. Anyway then you brush on green chimichurri sauce and grill it.. I did mine about three minutes a side..( I cooked them at 400°) Now in the recipe I will link you to, it says to just serve the steak with the sauce but he brushed it on his first, on the show, and I marinaded mine in it , for thirty minutes the other day so... It is really good..[p]Dylan

[ul][li]Churrasco[/ul]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Q.N.E. tyme,[p]I was trying to figure out why this sounded so familiar to me. Now I know I'm not imagining things. That was a pretty good opening segment and a really nice setup he was working with. We may just have to give this a try.[p]Ashley