Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

wings

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_0263.jpg
<p />Did wings last nigh for dinner, raised grid at 325ish for an hour. Added tater tots from the oven. Simple and delish....had couple wings left over for lunch today, pretty good cold!
100_0265.jpg[p]T

·

Comments

• tjvv,[p]How did you get such fine looking wings? Temp., time, rub, sauce, etc?[p]Eggmeister
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    tjvv,
    Nice wings T. Any sauce?[p]Mike

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,296
    Eggmeister, check grillmeister's disappearing wings recipe. T

[ul][li]http://www.wessb.com/Recipes/Eggtoberfest2006v2.pdf[/ul]
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    Car Wash Mike , most folks like em dry. I've done them with blues hog, still dry preferred. T

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    tjv,
    I meant with eating them. LOL I could go either way with wings like that.[p]Mike

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    tjvv,
    Tots! My Hero![p]LR

·
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    tjvv,[p]TJVV? Dammm Tom you are going to have to go to a ONE LETTER handle![p]Wings look outstanding.
    ·
    Lawn Ranger, any suggestions on seasoning, I use lawry's salt. I'm a regular tot kinda guy. You talk to grillmeister lately. T

·
    BurntRaw, I need that first weekend beer to calm the nerves....not to be confused with weekday beer, LOL

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    tjv,[p]Maybe he will re-post his marinated Chipotle Chicken recipe, it's one of my favorites....I can't seem to find it. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • RichardRichard Posts: 698
    thirdeye,
    Is this the one? LR is probably still partying with the Chicken Trainee![p]Wings, Chicken, Chipotle, Sweet/Spicy, Lawn Ranger
    [p]Ingredients
    18-20 chicken wings (separated to give you 36-40 pieces)
    For each gallon zip-lock bag of wings mix:
    (amounts are approximate as this isn't rocket science)
    4-6 Tbs brown sugar
    4 Tbs catsup
    2 Tbs mustard
    4 oz Balsamic Vinegar
    2-4 oz Worchestershire
    2-4 oz soy sauce
    1 Tbs your favorite all-purpose seasoning
    adobo sauce out of a can of chipotle peppers (to taste)

Procedure
    1 Set aside a small amount of this mixture for basting.
    2 Marinate wings several hours to overnight.
    Cooking:
    1 Make sure all flames are gone and cook on an elevated grid at 300°F , plus or minus turning every 10 -15 minutes and basting as needed.
    2 Check for doneness after 30 -40 minutes.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Poultry, Appetizer, Snack

Recipe Source
    Author: Lawn Ranger --Michael Schweitzer[p]Source: BGE Forum, Lawn Ranger[p]I added the adobo sauce out of a can of chipotle peppers to taste...next time I'm going to puree one of the whole chilis and add it to the mix.

[p]

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Richard,[p]Yep, that's the one. It's really good.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Richard,
    i've got 33 whole wings on right now with pusser's mild & hot jerk seasoning & olive oil. first time for this seasoning but it smells great! ya mon

·
  • RichardRichard Posts: 698
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Ever tried Malibu Coconut Rum? I like it on duck and fruit for dessert.

·
  • Richard,
    yes sir, i'll have to get some of dat

·