Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alaskan Halibut

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
Need to lower my blood pressure:
I have two pieces of frozen Alaskan halibut, how would I cook this on Mr. Egg.
Time and temperature, direct or indirect
Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday weekend,
New Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob ,
    We do the Alaskan Halibut often, as we can get some good fresh filets at the local Costco. It holds together fairly well for direct grilling, which is my preferred method! If you like a light seasoning, olive oil and salt and pepper, and maybe some herbs. I prefer it a bit more robust, and usually make a paste with dijon mustard, yellow mustard, lime juice, peanut oil, and the seasoning of the moment....whatever seafood rub you like (or even some jerk paste). Slather the paste on 30 minutes or so before cooking, and grill at 500-600 or so for a few minutes on a side, until nicely browned, and just about to flake. Go shorter on side 1, as it will allow you an easier flip without it falling apart. One careful flip is all you need. You might need your fingers to help support the filet as you gently flip.[p]Hope you enjoy it...and best of luck on getting that BP down. You might end up liking grilled fish better than beef and pork!
    Great weekend to you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob,
    I was just reading and catching up on some of the posts. Sprinter's suggestion for red snapper filets sounds good too. (look below in the Red Snapper thread). He is a great source of info on cooking fish![p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Good Morning,
    Thanks for the help, I will try one piece with the olive oil and pepper, the other with the mustard paste as it sounds inviting. I am making an effort to put more fish in my diet, maybe with that, more exercise and less alcohol I will succeed in getting my pressure down. I will also look into the red snapper as you suggested.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob