Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which egg or eggs to get for a friend

Options
Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a friend who is going to buy a BGE or two. He is married with four young boys. I am wondering which one or ones he should get. I am used to cooking for four and do most of my cooks on my small. I also have a large BGE and do Pizza, slow cooks and parties with it. Love them both but the small is the workhorse. I don't think that he can feed his army off the small so that one is out. Should he just go ahead and get an XL? Or would you recommend a large? I think his best bet would be to get a med and an XL. Thoughts please[p]Kinger

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Kinger aka JNK,[p][DING]This is a recording[DING][p]Get a large.. XL's are great for catering or feeding a family of 50.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Kinger aka JNK,
    If he's got the cash for an XL get the large small at one shot :>)[p]If not just recommend the large and he can get the small later.[p]H

• Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    Options
    Kinger aka JNK,[p]Since your friend is apparently already thinking about more than one Egg, my recommendation is to get a large. Once he is happy that he likes the Egg, get another large.[p]When those 4 young boys want pizza, having TWO large Eggs going will be the ticket.