Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best pork chop recipes?

Options
CyberDawg
CyberDawg Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife picked up a few rather thin pork chops, and I'd like to cook them on the kamado tonight. Should I cook direct or slow cook? Any good marinades or spices?[p]Love to hear from you guys on favorite recipes. Thanks!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    CyberDawg, >> favorite recipes <<[p]See the link for [p]

[ul][li]Pork & Sons[/ul]
  • onelegchef
    onelegchef Posts: 119
    Options
    CyberDawg,
    You stated really thin pork chops, the best kind. Temp 400-450 salt, pepper, evoo, a little cayann and worchestshire sauce. Place on grill cook about 10 min. flip cook another 5 to 10 min. a side of baked potato, rice, and garden salad, should be great.
    Bobby-FTW,Tx

• Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Options
    CyberDawg,
    Cook direct at about 450 ... if you have any Dizzy Pig... mix equal parts Dizzy Dust and Raging River.

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    CyberDawg,[p]I don't have the recipe at my fingertips, but there is an awesome glaze that I use frequently that was published in "The Thrill of the Grill". You probably don't have the ingredients at hand. I'll try to approximate it from memory:[p]1/2 C white vinegar
    1/4 C sugar[p]Bring vinegar to slow boil and dissolve sugar (about 5 minutes)[p]Add:
    1 cup Tangerine Juice (you can substitute fresh orange juice)[p]Reduce to 1/2 volume (~10 minutes) - it will thicken slightly so that it coat the back of a spoon.[p]Add:
    2 Tsp Lime Juice
    2 Tbsp Butter
    The needles of 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary[p]Heat a couple of minutes and spoon over cooked pork chops. Everyone I've served it to end up dipping vegetables, potatoes, and/or rice into the glaze - it's that good.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    CyberDawg,
    if they are thin with the bone i honestly like them breaded and pan fried better. if boneless you could go this route, also good with canned chilis and cheeses done this way.

[ul][li]pork rollups[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    plchops2.jpg
    <p />CyberDawg,
    Sounds like breaskfast chops which require hot and fast. Nice idea what Good Eats does, maybe let set in EVOO for an hour, with rub, before grilling. Get thick cut bone-in next time. Doesn't get any better. Just took some out of the freezer since you mentioned pork chops.[p]Mike