Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature Boy's sauce used differently

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I used Nature Boy's Ginger and Mahogany sauce
http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0134.htm
but instead of using as a finishing sauce on ribs I used it on salmon and it was GREAT!
The recipe makes 1 cup when finished and I used 1/3 to marinate the salmon for a couple hours - bet longer could have been even better. For personal tastes I didn't add the sugar and halved the ginger but otherwise followed the recipe including using the optional oyster sauce. I cooked at 325° dome for 50 minutes over a pan filled with water which was sitting on a defector stone (kinda like a pizza stone) . Three hand fulls of adler chips gave a perfect amount of smoke. 40 minutes into the cook I basted the fish with another 1/3 c. I served the fish with brown rice and used the remaining 1/3 after warming on the rice. That stuff was GOOD and the salmon was moist, tender and tasty. Thanks Chris! ^oo^~

Comments