Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Charcoal

Options
pd
pd Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm in dire need of the UPC codes or order #s from different brands of lump charcoal.[p]I've tried to place an order from various local places but I never seem to get anywhere.[p]We have an Ace Hardware, Publix, Winn-Dixie, Albertsons.[p]Maybe if I approach them with an exact order #, then I can get this accomplished.[p]Anybody who has ever orderd from these places AND can supply me with the brand and UPC #s....I'll appreciate it!!![p]Thanks.[p]pd

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    pd, It would help us all if you would please provide your home town & perhaps your zip/postal code also...j

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    pd,[p]Lump charcoal is available from True Value Hardware stores item #145607 or ServiceStar Hardware #66990.[p]
    Tim

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    pd,[p]I can feel your pain with the search for lump. I was in the same situation about 2 months ago. I found my lump locally at a garden/rental/patio store. Its a place that sells plants, trees, brick, you name it for the garden, as well as rents equipment etc. They have Royal Oak lump in MASSIVE quanties, what a find. My advice to you is to look around locally to see if you can find it. Maybe you already have and struck out. It took me 2 dozen phone calls to finally find it but it sure beats having to order it.[p]Troy
  • Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Tim M,
    and for cheap. I finally realized a lumber yead about 7 miles away is a True Value, took the numbers in and tho they'd never heard of lump, had no idea what it was for, they cheerfully went to the back and looked it up for me. I ordered 10 20# bags at $8.39 each and it will be in today or next Wed. Much better than driving 30 miles for a few bags of BGE lump at $14 a pop.[p]Mary

• Dave T-berry
    Options
    pd,[p]Publix can order it for you. It is Royal Oak Star Grill.
    UPC 16800 08800. I just got a shipment of 200 lbs in.[p]
    Dave T-berry

• Dave T-berry
    Options
    P.S. [p] It runs about $7.80 a bag here in Fl.[p] Dave T-berry[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Mary, last I saw it was $8.29 here in C-Iowa!! :-) I started True Value store's here in stocking it..They kinda smirked and ordered me 2 bags..then more, then more, and the word got out and now they order around 10 to 15 bags a pop..Good Charcoal..
    C~W[p]