Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boyz and Their Toyz

edited 8:29AM in EggHead Forum
267532450.jpg
<p />Just bought this torch to light my lump. Talk about 0-60 in 5 seconds. Can't see it Smitty, but I'm wearing my Eggs By The Bay hat.
·

Comments

• Caveman Smoker,[p]whats a good inexpensive one?[p]takes me 15 minutes with the electric starter. it was nice at first but now i find i want the lump started faster.
    ·
  • jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
    Caveman Smoker,
    I have advocated the torch you are using on the site for the past two years. I have one and have been using the same tank of propane for over a year and counting. You have the right one. [p]Chef Jerry

·
  • Caveman Smoker, What is the name brand of your torch and where does one find such? Thanks...

·
  • luis,[p]LOL...I said the same thing: "Why do I need a torch when I have an electric lump starter"?[p]Ladies and gentlemen...'nuff said. Had my burgers in my gut within 30 minutes.

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Caveman Smoker,
    Wear safety glasses! -RP

·
  • Ann,[p]I bought it on sale at Harbor Freight for $26.99 with an automatic starter. They also have another one for $18.99, but it didn't have the automatic starter...just another gadget to add to my collection.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,402
    Caveman Smoker,[p]A Caveman & his Fire.[p]As Forrest Gump would say...like peas and carrots.[p]I need to get me one of those, they are such attention getters when I hear them torch a fire at the competitions.
    Such an impressive sound they do make.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • 21jan07-003.jpg
    <p />Caveman Smoker,
    flame on!

·
  • Caveman Smoker,
    The tourch ROCKS just keep the ingitor out of the egg I put mine inside a little to much and melted the insulation around the ingitor and had to repair. I have learned to just point it towards the center of the egg and never lower than the top edge and I just look away so the sparks dont get my eyes. Kaynocook says it's nuts!!!
    Jim

·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    Jwirlwind,
    i've been using the same tank for four years.... in addition to a little weed burning...the kind in the sidewalk.... lol

·