Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Boyz and Their Toyz

edited 10:03AM in EggHead Forum
<p />Just bought this torch to light my lump. Talk about 0-60 in 5 seconds. Can't see it Smitty, but I'm wearing my Eggs By The Bay hat.

• Caveman Smoker,[p]whats a good inexpensive one?[p]takes me 15 minutes with the electric starter. it was nice at first but now i find i want the lump started faster.
  • jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
    Caveman Smoker,
    I have advocated the torch you are using on the site for the past two years. I have one and have been using the same tank of propane for over a year and counting. You have the right one. [p]Chef Jerry

• Caveman Smoker, What is the name brand of your torch and where does one find such? Thanks...

• luis,[p]LOL...I said the same thing: "Why do I need a torch when I have an electric lump starter"?[p]Ladies and gentlemen...'nuff said. Had my burgers in my gut within 30 minutes.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Caveman Smoker,
    Wear safety glasses! -RP

• Ann,[p]I bought it on sale at Harbor Freight for $26.99 with an automatic starter. They also have another one for $18.99, but it didn't have the automatic starter...just another gadget to add to my collection.
    Caveman Smoker,[p]A Caveman & his Fire.[p]As Forrest Gump would peas and carrots.[p]I need to get me one of those, they are such attention getters when I hear them torch a fire at the competitions.
    Such an impressive sound they do make.[p]-Smitty

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• 21jan07-003.jpg
    <p />Caveman Smoker,
    flame on!

• Caveman Smoker,
    The tourch ROCKS just keep the ingitor out of the egg I put mine inside a little to much and melted the insulation around the ingitor and had to repair. I have learned to just point it towards the center of the egg and never lower than the top edge and I just look away so the sparks dont get my eyes. Kaynocook says it's nuts!!!

• ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    i've been using the same tank for four years.... in addition to a little weed burning...the kind in the sidewalk.... lol