Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tilapia recipes needed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I are going to cook a few tilapia filets tonight and I'd like to get some suggestions on cooking temps, time, and how to prepare them.[p]Thanks!

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    brent4313,
    Here's one posted by Ken Stone a while back.
    Bob
    Onion-crusted Tilapia

Posted by: BlueSmoke on 2006/05/10 18:48:45 with karma: 0
    I baked tilapia filets tonight. I began by flouring and egg-washing them, just like I'd do if
    I were going to fry them. But instead of crumbs, or panko, for the final coat I used crushed french-fried
    onions. Then I baked them, indirect, at 350 for 25 minutes. Not having a baking sheet for the Egg, I lined
    a grill topper with parchment paper. The filets were great!

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    brent4313,[p]I think Dizzy Pig has a recipe that works well with tilapia - basically an egg wash with DP spices and panko. I also like them blackened using Chef Prudhomme's blackening spice and the recipe on the bottle (melted butter wash, spices, cooked on a cast iron skillet at very high temps.) Basically you just need something to spice up a very mild fish.
  • Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 37
    Options
    brent4313,
    I like placing a cookie sheet on the Egg when it is up to temp. spray with olive oil. place moistened fillets in "andy's breading mix (I like the white)on cookie sheet.
    cook till firm. About 3 min. per side.

• double L
    double L Posts: 90
    Options
    brent4313, my wife fries them in evoe with lemon pepper on them. they are one of my favorite's

• double L
    double L Posts: 90
    Options
    brent4313,sorry that should have been evoo