Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza tonight..a question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to do my first pizza on the egg tonight. It will be a regular type pizza...tomato sauce, mushroons pepperoni, cheese, etc. My question is what temp and how long. I do have a pizza stone as well.[p]Thanks in advance for your smarts!

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    mkslup,[p]If it is a basic recipe...dough wise I would use 500...[p]Are you making the dough? Is it frozen....?
  • Legally Blind Egghead
    Options
    mkslup,[p]I'm new to pizzas but have read a bunch and have had some success with frozen DiGiorno's!LOL[p]Hopefully you have a plate setter too as you need more heat deflector than just a stone. [p]What I do is put plate setter legs up with main grid and then grid extender on. I then place the stone on top of grid extender which gets it high in the dome and above the gasket. This helps make it easier to handle and cook evenly (IMO).[p]I'd cook at 550-600 for about 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness. For frozen pizza you could just follow directions on box.[p]Oh, make sure to put plate setter and stone in Egg and heat up for at least 30-45 minutes for best results.[p]Hope this helps,[p]Joey
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    mkslup,
    Let me echo what LBE said; use a plate-setter or something to deflect the direct heat from your pizza stone. I know from eggsperience that fire under pizza stone can equal scorched bottom crust.

• Unknown
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,
    Thank you all for your input. I have all the goodies you mentioned. Wish me luck!

• Unknown
    Options
    icemncmth,
    I will be making my own dough so not frozen.

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    mkslup,[p]I do my pizzas at 800+ buy I use a High Hydration dough..[p]most pizzas will do fine from 500-650 deg..[p]I do plate setter legs down...grate on top of that...and then the stone...