Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griddled TRex Tenderloins

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_3184.jpg
<p />Last night I did some 2"+ Beef Tenderloin that were killer. As per ChefWil, I melted a stick of butter and coated the seasoned Montreal Steak because I'm out of Raisin' the Steake) tenderloins on all sides. They then went on a rack in the fridge to allow the butter to harden. Onto a 650 degree griddle for about a minute per side. [p]I usually finish thinner ribeyes or strips on the griddle, but after the sear. I realized that I needed to get these off the hot griddle for a bit and get it cooled down. As they were resting, I decided to change directions and maybe get a little more flavor by finishing them direct with no griddle. I threw in a few small pieces of walnut bark for some smoke and finished at 400 until about 125-130.[p]I added chopped garlic to the left over butter and sauted a carton of sliced baby bellas. It was all melt in your mouth good. This could spoil a fella.[p]Mike[p]IMG_3170.jpg[p]IMG_3177.jpg[p]IMG_3179.jpg[p]IMG_3181.jpg[p]

Comments