Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Griddled TRex Tenderloins

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_3184.jpg
<p />Last night I did some 2"+ Beef Tenderloin that were killer. As per ChefWil, I melted a stick of butter and coated the seasoned Montreal Steak because I'm out of Raisin' the Steake) tenderloins on all sides. They then went on a rack in the fridge to allow the butter to harden. Onto a 650 degree griddle for about a minute per side. [p]I usually finish thinner ribeyes or strips on the griddle, but after the sear. I realized that I needed to get these off the hot griddle for a bit and get it cooled down. As they were resting, I decided to change directions and maybe get a little more flavor by finishing them direct with no griddle. I threw in a few small pieces of walnut bark for some smoke and finished at 400 until about 125-130.[p]I added chopped garlic to the left over butter and sauted a carton of sliced baby bellas. It was all melt in your mouth good. This could spoil a fella.[p]Mike[p]IMG_3170.jpg[p]IMG_3177.jpg[p]IMG_3179.jpg[p]IMG_3181.jpg[p]

Comments