Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Griddled TRex Tenderloins

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 7:10AM in EggHead Forum
IMG_3184.jpg
<p />Last night I did some 2"+ Beef Tenderloin that were killer. As per ChefWil, I melted a stick of butter and coated the seasoned Montreal Steak because I'm out of Raisin' the Steake) tenderloins on all sides. They then went on a rack in the fridge to allow the butter to harden. Onto a 650 degree griddle for about a minute per side. [p]I usually finish thinner ribeyes or strips on the griddle, but after the sear. I realized that I needed to get these off the hot griddle for a bit and get it cooled down. As they were resting, I decided to change directions and maybe get a little more flavor by finishing them direct with no griddle. I threw in a few small pieces of walnut bark for some smoke and finished at 400 until about 125-130.[p]I added chopped garlic to the left over butter and sauted a carton of sliced baby bellas. It was all melt in your mouth good. This could spoil a fella.[p]Mike[p]IMG_3170.jpg[p]IMG_3177.jpg[p]IMG_3179.jpg[p]IMG_3181.jpg[p]

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Lawn Ranger,
    WOW!!

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,989
    Morning Lawn Ranger:[p]Looks fantastic Mike, I must have missed the invite! How is the new apprentice doing?[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    SSN686,
    He's still trying to find San Antonio. He's supposed to report to Ranger Central next Thursday on his way to Fredericksburg. Wish you guys could come.[p]Mike

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,989
    Morning Lawn Ranger:[p]Would love to be there, but next weekend is a visit with the granddaughters. But I will be at Omaha, how about you?[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Lawn Ranger,
    Looks yummy ! One of these days I am going to toss our 70 year old cast iron skillet on the egg and try a sear with it. Would hate to wreck it somehow though.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Lawn Ranger,
    I see the thousand island but no tots, I should talk, I had tots last night. Looks great! -RP

SSN686,
    Not me, but the fruit of my loins should be.

AZRP,
    The guilty dog barks first :o).