Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thoughts on dinner?

Shelby
Shelby Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok...have a small piece (3 lb.) of pork loin almost defrosted.
Should I dry rub it or marinate for an hour or so before putting it on?
I'm thinking in the 300* range on a v-rack with pan under it.
Thoughts/suggestions please!

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Shelby,
    Cut it to two-inch thick chops, dust with Char Crust and cook like a steak. Use 700 for 3 minutes per side with and eight-minute dwell.[p]It is Friday after all. Cook quickly, eat well and get back to a great evening.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    RhumAndJerk,
    This is a good thought; quick and simple, not to mention good![p]

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Shelby,[p]Quick and easy. Mix about a half of a cup of spices from the cabinet. Take some garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, basically anything that you can think of that would go well together and make a paste out of it with olive oil. You want it pretty thick but spreadable. Pat the loin dry and rub the paste all over the outside of it. I cook mine direct about 350 until its 140 or so inside. Last weekend I used some orange wood pellets that really added a nice taste. Otherwise I use Cherry or Hickory.[p]Those thick cut pork chops sound pretty good also. Good luck, no matter what you do with it I'll bet its good.[p]Troy