Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless BBQ Chicken

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to do Chicken Breasts (like the kind you get at Kroger - Perdue, Tyson, etc.) BBQ style on my new BGE. I am sure I could just throw some breasts on the grid and cook them then slather with some BBQ sauce but was wondering if there is something more exotic out there that anyone has tried...

Comments

• Morgan R,
    naked buffalo butts![p]stuff the chicken breast with a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and shallots. wrap in bacon and smoke or leave em naked![p]click below if you want to try it

[ul][li]nbb's[/ul]
  • Saucehog
    Saucehog Posts: 30
    Morgan R,
    Try The Big Bob Gibson Alabama White BBQ Sauce. It is perfect with chicken. Marinade, then baste before serving....very good.[p]Paula Dean did a feature on it this weekend...will air again 7/21.[p]Cheers,
    Saucehog

[ul][li]Alabama White BBQ Sauce[/ul]
  • Morgan R,
    I just finished eating some chicken that was very different but very good. [p]Honestly, sort of made it up as I went. And it turned out well. [p]Made an orange marmelade glaze. Made up of a cup of orange marmelade, 4 oz of coca cola, a teaspoon of hot sauce (I used Cholula original), a couple of Tbs (roughly) of Tupelo honey and 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar. [p]Put Dizzy Pig on the chicken before cooking. [p]Cooked at 375. For last 30 minutes or so, put glaze on. Mopped it a couple of times per side. [p]It was good. [p]Real good!

• Saucehog
    Saucehog Posts: 30
    Bubba_T,
    Have you tried stuffing with pineapple? I had someone recommend it and have not really seen that method used before.[p]Saucehog

• Saucehog,
    Hadn't thought about stuffing with pineapple, but I had thought that the next time I use that glaze, I'm gonna make a pocket in the breast of some quail and put a little pepperjack cheese in. [p]Will mop with the glaze the last 20 minutes or so. [p]Might wrap with bacon, but honestly, if I wanted to taste pork instead of chicken, would probably just cook some pork. [p]I also think the marmalade glaze would be deadly on some thick cut pork chops. [p]

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Morgan R,
    You cant go wrong with Parmesan crusted chicken a simple meal.[p]1/2 cup mayo (Hellmann's) or for a different flavor Ranch Dressing
    1/4 cup parmesan
    4 skinless,boneless breasts
    4 tps.seasoned bread crumbs
    combine mayo and cheese and spread on chicken
    sprinkle with bread crumbs
    cook raised grid at 425 10 min flip and cook 10 min more till temp is 160 internal

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Saucehog,
    Save the freight, unless you live close to a source. [p]Sauce, White, Big Bob Gibson
    [p]INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    2 Tbs apple cider

Procedure:
    1 Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.

Recipe Type
    BBQ Sauce

Recipe Source
    Author: Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Source: Food Network, Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Episode#: PASP02[p]Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

[p]

• 259243174.jpg
    <p />Morgan R,[p]Stuffed chicken breast...pruchetta (sp?) and provolone cheese
  • KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Darnoc,[p]As an alternative, I make almost the same recipe except using sour cream instead of mayo or ranch. Regular or reduced fat sour cream both work fine.[p]You can also do the same thing with bone-in chicken breasts, which taste great. Just reduce the temperature to 350 and cook 20 minutes per side. Or cook indirect at 375 for 40-45 minutes.[p]-Kevin