Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Stag and Doe feeding for 150 +

City SlickerCity Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to try to feed 150 to 200 people come October. I know it is far away but want to get some ideas and some practice. For the meat, was thinking of butts or pork tenderloin, or some of each, with maybe a brisket or something beefy for the non porkers. Can get 4 1 lb pork tenderloins for $20 at Costco. Less shrinkage than with the butts and they slice up into great sandwiches too. Having never done any thing remotely like this. I take it the way to go is to do as much cutting-pulling as I can at home and then take it to the stag and doe and serve on platters ? Let the guests build their own or is it better to have a few helpers build sandwiches for the guests ? What do you think about the different meats? Having simple potato salads etc to go with it. Have lots of room in the freezer to hold everything. Any tips on how to serve and what to serve would be a blessing.

Comments

• onelegchefonelegchef Posts: 119
    City Slicker,
    I would go with PP and brisket. They both freeze well and are easy to reheat, there are several good bbq beans and slaw recipes on the forum. you can also do some ABT's which are always a hit around my place. Do the preperaation ahead of time gives more time to spend with family and friens.
    Bobby-FTW,Tx

• onelegchef,
    Sounds like what we were thinking. With the shrinkage in the butts and brisket, I thought the cost of the tenderloins was about the same, could be way off. A bit intimidated by the whole thing, but if we pull it off, everyone will be happy and well fed.