Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grillin Bill. You with us?

Options
King-O-Coals
King-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Earth to Grillin Bill, are you getting any of this. Sorry folks, but I think Bill has been "blinded by the light". He's apparently not getting any incoming.. Just to let him, and youall know,, I have started my second "Brined" pork loin. Yes,,,,, it's the middle of the week and I smell like smoke. I have had a couple of medicinal Big-Boyz and already finished the half that's going to the hen party at my wifes office. Mine half is on now. I took the first half off at 600 degrees internal,,,,,,,,, which goes against recommendations from some of our most distinguished authorities.. I hate to mention names,, but Mr. Toad and my new guru,,,, Cat,,, have told me that 150 is the target temp for pork. I believe them,(I do,,, I really do!) and I'm sorry for the defiance. But I know just how juicy and tender the last one was when removed at 170,,,,,, and since my reputation was at stake on this one,,, I decided to split the difference. If this one is better than the first,,,,,,,,,,,,, there will be crying and gnashing of teeth by me,,, and I will hot hesitate to stop the next batch at 150. I think my student, Guru of Grease is planning an early March visit. I'm going to blow his socks off with my new Yankee discovery.. I have already started talking with a northern accent youze guys, and he is only a taste away from following suite. PLUS,,,,,,,,,, I have already started thinking about the triple-thick butterfly pork chops that Grillin Bill has clued me on,,,,,, and a big ole brined turkey,,, for the Guru of Grease to fry up for me.. Here it comes Nature Boy, IIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeIHOoooooooooIIIIIIiiiieeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Mr. Bill,, the last post from you is on the 16th of this here month. Something must be broke!

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    OH MY GAWD! THE RAPTURE HAS OCCURED AND NO ONE IS LEFT BUT FROZEN CHOSEN AND ME! AAAHHaahhhhhHaaaa,Haaaaa, yaaaaa,haaaa! OR,,maybe just some servers are down! Is anybody out there???

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]"I took the first half off at 600 degrees internal,,,,,,,,, which goes against recommendations from some of our most distinguished authorities"[p]I hope the local authorities told you to take it off way before 600 deg internal -- that's tooooo done.[p]Enjoy -[p]Tim[p]
  • Tim M, oops,,,,, I need a spell checker and a proofreader. I meant 160. Just a slight difference..:^)
  • Grillin' Bill
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    I'm still here but I haven't responded to posts in a couple of days. [p]However, I have tried to send you (KOC) three e-mails that I'm not sure got out thru computer at work. SO I'll just spout it off here-HA HA HA.[p]I wanted to tell you not to give up on brining. Look in the submitted recipe section under Pork for Thick Grilled Pork Chops submitted by Spice Cooks. That recipe will make a believer out of you and it only take 2-3 hours. The chops will taste like steaks.[p]We talked about smoking Turkeys and frying Turkeys here on the forum. Ilearned to fry turkeys in the Low Country of S.C. (Charleston & Beaufort). IMHO fried turkeys can't be beat for moistness. But I like the taste/flavor of a smoked/egged turkey too. This past Thanksgiving I brined a turkey, and cooked an additional 5 breasts on the BGE. If I have a choice and have the time I probably prefer the fried turkey. Its so moist and you can inject all kinds of flavors into it prior to cooking. But, frying is a real mess and dealing with all the oil is a pain. So for simplicity I say Egg On.[p]KOC- I have developed a recipe for white fish and shrimp that I want you to try when I get the proportions down right. Its influenced by French/Cajan/Greek.[p]All of the above was sent to you by e-mail. I went to the visitor profile section, clicked on your e-mail address, the send mail form came up, I typed a message, then sent it. I'll try another way through Group Wise and type in your e-mail address.[p]To the rest of you I read the forum every couple of days to see whats happening. I'm definitely here in spirit.[p]Thanks to Everyone for your Help Always[p][p][p][p]

• Grillin' Bill,
    I've been getting and responding to your mail. Hope it working by now....