Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire--Something to think about

Options
Carbonizer
Carbonizer Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just did 2 days of tailgaiting at Nascar race's in Chicago.
When packing, I put a fire extinguisher in the car and put it out at the track amoungst the picnic "stuff". Got some smart aleck comments of course, until I told a story about a race I went to once--
One bunch of guys near us in the parking lot were drinkin and partying all day, then BBQ came time and they lit a little short cheapo grill with charcoal lighter set on the ground on dry grass.
After about 15 seconds there was a grass fire spreading like no tomorrow. People from all around came in and before you knew it there were 20-25 mostly drunkin people trying to stomp out a grass fire in the volinteer fire dept parking lot!! Thankfully it got put out before canopys, cars, etc caught on fire. This weekend while at the racetrack I looked around and did not see a single fire extinguisher near any of the other tailgaters. Bring One next time you travel with your grill. I mounted an extinguisher near my BGE's tonite.
A Public Service Announcement by Carbonizer

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Carbonizer,
    I packed one for the competion this weekend. I noticed only one team with one out easy to see. They attached it to a leg of their EZ-up with zip tyes. I had mine in a storage box but I knew where it was. [p]H

• guava greg
    guava greg Posts: 139
    Options
    dhuffjr,[p]I keep one near my egg and one in the kitchen too.[p]Greg
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    dhuffjr,[p] Haven't been to a competition yet were the Fire Marshal didn't ask where it was. It is usually attached to my EZ-Up close to the my eggs.[p] There is one on my porch next to the egg as well.
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    guava greg,[p]nmssg
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Carbonizer,
    i have a big red one mounted in the kitchen in plain view, ive used it before in the kitchen with a good fire that started under the oven from a mouse hiding dog food. fire extinguishers should be in plain veiw, not hidden in the garage or someplace forgotten about. its also good to have them checked on a yearly bases, i bring mine to work when we have the yearly inspections and have it checked out and tagged. the tanks expire over time and you cant always go by gages etc.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it