Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Transporting the BGE to Games

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got a new one about a month ago. Want to take to college games. Is there a way to fit to on the back of the hitch to transport? Thanks

Comments

• Saucehog
    Saucehog Posts: 30
    Options
    Kevin Eubanks,
    I have been thinking about this as well. It makes me a little nervous thinking about taking the BGE out to the parking lot. [p]I think my strategy is going to be cook the day before with the egg..heat up..finish with R2D2 smoker. Only 45 days until kickoff.[p]Any way, that is my game plan...

• EggDawg
    EggDawg Posts: 27
    Options
    Kevin Eubanks,
    Saw a guy with two haning on the back of his SUV. It was in one of those things that looks like a platform that plugs into your hitch. I'm sure he had it made.[p]Man would I love to have me egg at the UGA games. Saw a guy tailgating in Jacksonville a couple of years ago....I was VERY jealous.

• Unknown
    Options
    EggDawg,
    Would love to take one to the Dawgs games too. [p]Sure would hurt my feelings in that traffic in Athens is someone rear ended me. : - ( [p]

• Big Daddy - OCT
    Options
    EggDawg,[p]I'm sure hoping to make your season opener when my OSU Cowboys come to town. I used to live in Atlanta and would love the chance to get back to Athens. It's a beautiful campus and city. We've been asked to bring our tailgate bus but I think the cost of diesel far outweighs the cost of airline tickets. I'll link it below for your viewing pleasure.
    [ul][li]Orange Country Tailgaters[/ul]
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    Kevin Eubanks, get a mini to take to the games.
    it weighs only 35lbs and you can strap it in on the backseat of your car using the seatbelts (done that several times)

• EggDawg
    EggDawg Posts: 27
    Options
    Big Daddy - OCT,
    Big Daddy, you've got to bring that bus to Athens. How many times do you get to play in such a cool intersectional game?? Thanks for posting about your tailgate crew, I love college football largely due to the passion of the fans.[p]If you fly in post on this board. I'll take good care of you.[p]BRING THE BUS OR EXPECT TO GET RIDICULED!!![p]Go Dawgs-

• Big Daddy - OCT
    Options
    EggDawg,
    You know, you could start a fund raiser to generate the fuel fund!![p]Don't forget, you guys will be coming here next year...I'll save you a beer![p]Bruce

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    Big Daddy - OCT,[p]Need to come down to Oklahoma Eggfest with that next year! I've about had all the OU I can stand each year!
  • Big Daddy - OCT
    Options
    locolongball,[p]I promise to do everything I can to make sure it's there. We ran out of time getting it ready for the one this year. Of course Snoopy was promising to make sure OU was equally represented...lol.[p]Bruce