Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

advice about lobster on the bge

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought a large bge last week. Already have done butt and ribs on the platesetter and steaks directly on the grill. Everything was fun and tasted awesome. I am already addicted. I thought about trying something different like lobster. Any advice? Direct or Indirect? Whole or cut in half lengthwise?

Comments

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    Rebel BBQ,
    I usually steam it first on the Egg in a pot with steamer basket(not completely done) then brush it with butter and herbs and finish by grilling it on the Egg. 500° F until it done. Maybe 5 minutes total grilling time.[p]Bob

• Unknown
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    Thanks. What temperature for steaming on the egg. Do you grill it whole.

• bugz on da barbe
    Options
    Rebel BBQ,
    i split mine. mix a little butter,lemon juice, capers, parmeasan cheese,parsley,and white wine. brush on the bug. set on egg shell side down, & sprinkle a little paparika over the top. grill over a med hot fire. till the meat turns snow white. DON'T OVERCOOK!!!! enjoy!!! ken