Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MARINATED WINGS

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a great marination for wings--suggestions?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    remdog,
    I guarantee this recipe is a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ul][li]Wise One's Georgia Red Wings[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    remdog,[p]I got this recipe from the forum about 3 years ago. I wish I know who posted it, so I could give credit. I have used it many times, and it's great! Don't marinate too long. I find that 4-5 pounds pretty much fills up the grid on my large BGE.
    1 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
    2 1/2 TBSP paprika
    1 TBSP sugar
    1 1/2 TBSP salt
    1 TBSP lemon-pepper
    1 TBSP soy sauce
    3 TBSP olive or canola oil
    cayenne pepper to taste[p]Cut the wings apart at the joints discarding (or saving for stock) the tips. [p]Puree the green chilis in a food processor or blender. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for 1-2 hours. Longer marinating time will not improve the flavor, in fact the lime will become too dominant.[p]Grill direct on a raised grid at about 325 degrees for about an hour, flipping every 15 minutes. Baste when flipping with reserved marinade.[p]Serves: 1 adult per pound of raw wings as a main course