Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuna Kabobs & Asparagus

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some fresh tuna chunks while in the Outer Banks yesterday and last night skewered them up with some pineapple, onion and colored peppers. Marinated them in pineapple juice, teryaki sauce, garlic and fresh rosemary. Did the same with some chicken. Will probably throw on some apple chips. Some big storms care throught the area and delayed my egging last night...Anybody have any suggestions on cooking times/temperatures on the egg? Also want to grill some asparagus...[p]Go Heels!!!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tarheel,
    I would grill the tuna kabobs hot and fast. Like 600, direct over the coals. Flip every two minutes and pull off just as soon as they are browned all over....no more than 8-10 minutes total I would think...the last thing you want is overcooked tuna. [p]Cat has grilled whole asparagus with success...not sure if she posted her technique, or if I saw it in a post. I usualy slice mine, add some vidalia onions...maybe some shrooms...Marinate for a short time with some oil and spices, and cook in the grill topper wok. Same temps as the tuna, for about 5 minutes.[p]Hope that helps....sounds like a righteous meal!
    Enjoy.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]My standard vegetable marinate is either olive oil with Cajun spice or zesty Italian dressing. Squash, zuchini, eggplant, are thick sliced while muchrooms and asparagus are whole (lower asparagus stalk is sometimes split if thick) and grilled at 350º. Tonight is mushrooms with racks of lamb.

• Tarheel,
    First day posting on the forum, and maybe I can help with the asparagus. Last weekend I did Sesame-grilled asparagus.
    Ingredients:
    2 tbsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 clove garlic (minced)
    Salt and peper to taste[p]After snapping off base of ea stock I used soaked bamboo skewers to attach approximately 5 spears together. Used two skewers per "raft", one 1" below the tips, and one 1" above the base.
    Brushed mixed ingredients on asparagus
    Placed on egg @ 400 degrees approx 4 minutes per side.
    Very easy to turn when skewered
    This accompanied 2" thick filet mignon which were stuffed with Maytag Blue Cheese. Doesn't get much better than that...Life is good!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    djm5x9,
    I like sesame or peanut oil, and marinate similar to what West Coast Smokey posted above! I have been using oyster sauce instead of soy sauce.[p]The italian dressing sounds like a great one!....maybe with a little oyster sauce....yeeeeha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • West Coast Smokey,[p]Thanks for the recipe. The asparagus was excellent as was the kabobs. Hope the lamb turned out as well.[p]Tarheel