Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtobest, EGGfest, and Now Michigan Summer Egg Fest -- A report

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It started to rain about five minutes after the last Egg cultists left Rockford, Michigan. About thirty five eggers gathered to enjoy a beautiful day . We also had about forty curious non owners. It was a great mix; we cooked, ate, swapped stories and answered a bunch of questions from a lot of very interested public. Oh yes, Chef RD had his digital camera and will be posting pictures. Cooks included J Appledog (Julie has Mrs. Dog products going once again), Painter and Diane from Wisconsin, Tim and Donna from Redford, George of Grand Rapids, and JR the owner of The Outdoor Cook. Most of the other owners are not posters on the forum. I did my best to encourage them to at least “lurk”. George baked eight loaves of bread (some sourdough), Painter cooked his simmered pork, Tim grilled fresh catfish ( I can’t remember the name of the recipe), J Appledog did shrimp and her Planters’ Punch, JR did BBQ chuck roast, Buffalo sirloin tip, chicken wings and I did calzone and peanut butter and nanners sandwiches. A non owner who came in to buy a deep fried turkey roaster ended up buying an Egg ( no roaster). Before he left, his first cook was some dynamite ribs, with a little help from his new family. [p]Plans are in the works for a bigger and better Michigan Summer Egg Fest next Summer. And next February, we will have the 2nd annual Winter Egg Fest. The only winter egg fest. In 2001, we celebrated the Caribbean. Next year, we will have a Mexican Fiesta.
Fireball

Comments