Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menu Advice to show off The Egg?

Options
Legally Blind Egghead
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I am having about 6-8 close friends over tomorrow for dinner, drinks and cigars. I want to do everything on my Large and of course I plan on wanting to have an impressive showing.[p]I plan on ABT's and Fatties for appetizers.[p]But I can't decide between a Prime Rib, Tri Tip Roast (my new favorite) or either Rib Eyes or Filets? Heck I may even want to Spatchcock a chicken?[p]I think I will make some bacon wrapped Sea Scallops for the first time.[p]I will make some baked and sweet potatoes, some asparagus, and a vegetable medley in a veggie wok of yellow squash, red peppers and zuccini.[p]I sure wish I had a 2nd Egg, but I will manage.[p]Any suggestions would be great as I may be going overboard as usual. [p]Some say to just stick to what you know but I like to Eggsperiment![p]Thanks in advance![p]Joey

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,[p]I slightly adapted a Forum recipe and my meat and potato man friends can't get enough of it or stop talking about my 'grilled salad'. Buy Romaine Hearts and pull off the very green and loose outer leaves. You want the tight center leaves. Cut in half, lengthwise. Get your favorite vinaigrette and pour into the halved heart, working it gently into the inner leaves. The take finely shredded parmesan and also gently work it into the inner leaves. Then put in the fridge to get them very cold. While your meats are resting for carving/pulling. Salt & Pepper and slap them face down on the grill on direct/350-400 for 2 min. The flip for 2 more min. Then serve right off the grill onto their plates for the first course, passing more vinaigrette and cheese. People love it! And I am sure an ABT or two on the side would make a great presentation.[p]Best,[p]Kelly
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,[p]Good call on the abt's and fatties. What are you putting in the ABT's? You could do some shrimp in them then that covers the seafood with bacon. [p]One issue you could have is the baked potatoes need longer times and probably a different temp then if you t-rex a steak. I like the ribeyes. Put some schrooms in a cast iron and sautee them. [p]I also suggest Romeo E Julieta Reserve Real or Ashton VSG and a good red zin.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p]The Ashton VSG is a great call after a steak - or possibly a Padron Anniversario. Anything with a full heavy body.[p]
  • Legally Blind Egghead
    Options
    Fidel,[p]Wow, nice call on cigars as I love Padron Maduros,but the Anniversario is special. [p]I've never had the Ashton VSG but have heard great things about it.[p]Thanks
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,
    I also enjoy Monte Crisco White, but the VSG is nicer for the same price.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,[p]My wife gave me the nickname Fidel because of my love of cigars.[p]The Ashton VSG Illusion is my favorite. It is a 6x44 with a terrific draw and flavor. If you can find them they are well worth the price.[p]They go great after a full heavy meal and pair nicely with red wines and (my favorite) single barrel bourbons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,[p]Total splurge many years ago but I followed a Lobel's porterhouse up with a glass of Booker Noe's bourbon and an Arturo Fuente Opus X robusto. *drool*[p]Todd
  • Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,[p]One of my absolute favorites is a nice pork tenderloin. [p]This is a really easy cook, doesn't take too long, and generally turns out great as long as you don't overcook it. If you want to go fancier... there are a many wonderful sauces that go well with tenderloin.[p]I think tenderloin shows off the Egg's goodness really well. A bit of smoke makes it nice and the moist result is generally a class above what you could do on a lesser grill.