Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn on the cob

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i plan on cooking some chicken indirect can you cook corn on the cob with husk on along with chicken indirect with plate setter has anyone done this? i plan to cook 350-400 temp. thanks for any advice

Comments

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Options
    I've cooked corn in the husk with chicken, indirect. You'll want to put the ears on the edges of the grate that are right above the "gaps" in the plate setter so they get more heat. I usually peel back the husks, silk the corn, rub on a little butter, sprinkle of salt and black pepper, and then roll the husks back up and tie them off with some twine. They're ready to go right off the grill.
  • onelegchef
    onelegchef Posts: 119
    Options
    ijd
    the corn should take about 25-30 minutes. take one ear off, make sure it is done to your likeing.
    go for it Bobby-FTW,TX

• Unknown
    Options
    ijd,[p]Yep --[p]Roasting corn regularly these days...[p]Clip off tassel
    Chop off stem
    Soak-
    Put on the Egg -- turn every 5-10 minutes for 30 min
    Enjoy![p]It's going to taste "diff'rent" than boiled or steamed corn.
    I prefer it from the Egg
    My wife prefers steamed.[p]~ B[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    For 4 ears of corn (multiply for more):[p]1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
    1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
    1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 large clove garlic, crushed[p]Pull back the husks on the corn (leave attached at base) and remove silks. Rinse the corn and soak in water for 20 minutes, then drain. Combine butter and the other 5 ingredients and stir well. Brush the mixture over the corn, and then pull the husks up. Wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil twisting at each end to seal. Grill at 350-400 for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Broc in Council Bluffs,
    Wives are fairly easy to find...

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    ijd,
    I just remove silks and pull husks back up...no need to soak...just turn 'em occasionally[p]I like them off the egg...I guess you could pre butter them[p]Jan

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    ijd,
    I put 5 ears in foil with butter and seasoning and about 1/4 cup of water for steam. Cooked on Egg for just under 45 minutes at 400º dome and the corn was crunchy and raw tasting still. It was edible, but it wasn't my favorite corn on the cob.... I prefer the peel back the husk, take of the silks and replace the husks and soak for 30 minutes method.... usually roast corn closer to the fire than the stock grill location will allow.
    I'll try again later in the summer when the corn is a little jucier and sweeter.