Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers tonight - Inspire me!!

Options
CT Grillguy
CT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just going to do a couple of burgers tonight for the wife and I. I usually just toss a little Raising the Steaks on em. Any unique techniques out there I should give a try?[p]Also, what's your favorite way to do a burger? High heat and quick, or low and slow?

Comments

• Carbonizer
    Carbonizer Posts: 188
    Options
    CT Grillguy,
    Stuffed with sautaed onions, mushrooms and bacon. Cheese on top or stuffed inside.
    Gotta go with the high 600 or so heat for a good sear, making me hungry!!

• Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    Options
    Gotta spice 'em up a little. Raising the Steaks is good.[p]I also like to finely chop and onion and mix it with the raw meat. Form patties as usual with the minced onion inside. I like the cooked onion flavor.[p]Simple, but adds a little twist.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    vdburger4.jpg
    <p />CT Grillguy,
    Chopped up vidalia onions, KC Masterpiece, Worechestershire, and pig candy mixed in the burgers.
    vdburger7.jpg[p]
    Mike

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Oh, nice! I have all that stuff in the fridge too!
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    CT Grillguy,[p]I like to use Worc. sauce, onion, garlic.....basically a meatloaf in burger form![p]'tis gooood stuff! :)[p]I almost forgot the tip we got from our friends in Barbados - they mix their hamburger mixture up at least a day in advance so that everything soaks together. If I know we are going to be having meatloaf or burgers I will mix it up the night before. It really does make a difference![p]burger.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Here's my version of the burgers....very similar....can't take the whole credit for it though...[p]P1010354Small-1.jpg[p]crumbled bacon, sauted red onions, american cheese, and DP Cowlick, add the second patty on top[p]P1010356Small-1.jpg[p]gilling on the small[p]Yummmm goooood[p]Kim

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    MrsAZRP,
    I have never been able to put goodies in the middle with 2 patties. Good job.[p]Mike