Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Brisket Tomorrow

JohnnyHJohnnyH Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be doing my first brisket tomorrow and I spent some time reading the archives on this subject. I did get lots of great advise but let me know if this all sounds right. I will be doing a 9lb packer. [p]Sat 1800....Place trimmed/rubbed brisket, fat side down over inverted
platesetter/drip pan setup at 250 dome.[p]Sun 0900....At approx 15 hrs or when flat is 190 or passes the fork
test remove and let cool enough to seperate point/flat.[p]Sun 1000....Wrap flat in foil and towels and keep in warm cooler until
lunch. Place the point back on the egg for 2 more hours
for burnt ends.[p]Although I listed times I will not rush the process. It will be done when it is done. Does it sound like I missed anything or is there anything anyone wants to add. I will post pics on sunday when all is done. Thanks for reading. Oh yeah, I will use very little mesquite. I dont want to over smoke it and make it bitter.[p]John

Comments