Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket Results

Berky
Berky Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MMMMM-MMMMMMMMMMMM it was absolutely deeelicious. The flavour was great and it was juicy and tender. I couldn't believe it when I first put in a fork to test for doneness and the fork almost fell out of my hand because the meat was so tender. Thanks for the help - the best thing about this forum is it gives us newbies the confidence to try new stuff.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Berky, wwwwaaaaaaay to go...and it gets even better and better with each brisket. At least you will think so. Try different rubs and seasonings for variables.
    I like a good jerk marinate like Mrs Dogs or WalkersWood on my brisket for a change.
    Looking forward to more of your successes..
    Cheers..
    C~W[p]

• Berky,
    Can you tell us how you did your first brisket?
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Berky
    Berky Posts: 21
    The Naked Whiz,
    I marinated the brisket according to the Eggtoberfest recipe from Nature Boy. Then i rubbed it lightly with my own concoction and put it on over a drip pan on 3 fire bricks at 250 degrees. about 10.5 hours later the internal reading was around 190 and my fork twisted easily. I wrapped it in foil for about 30 minutes and then ate!! It was surprisingly easy! Truth be told, I went golfing for the morning and therefore left the egg to do its duty on its own.