Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Freezing BBQ Sauce

BurntOfferingBBQBurntOfferingBBQ Posts: 48
edited 5:19AM in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for me on how to freeze my home made sauce that made and have enjoyed. I made about two gallons so I think freezing may be the way to go.
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
    Burntofferingbbq,
    I have made Wild Boar sauce and frozen it many times. I've tried freezing it in a FoodSaver bag and then sealing it, but it doesn't freeze hard so instead now I use Tupperware pitcher like containers.

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    Burntofferingbbq,
    I just made a batch and just put it in small freezer bags (about the size of one use - quart size half full and then work the air out. it stacks nicely in the freezer this way and when I am doing ribs or something just grab 1 pack and scoop it out (it will not freeze hard due to the sugar)

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,103
    Burntofferingbbq,
    fill ziplocks and stack them with corrugated cardboard from beer cases, this will allow them to semi freeze flat so that they stack well. i do the same with soups. stackable type containers would work well also.

·