Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

4yh of July Boudain sausage making(pics)

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all, happy 4th of July to all![p]Second, this is not OT because I'm going to cook it on the BGE.[p]After tjv's post about this sausage I got curious about it. Having never heard of it before, I decided to scour the recipes for it and come up with one that contained the ingredients consistent with most of them. I elected to not use hog liver.[p]Start off by simmering pork butt with an onion, bay leaves, and black peppercorns until it is falling apart.[p]IMG_0259Small.jpg[p]Remove the meat and strain off and reserve the broth.[p]IMG_0262Small.jpg[p]Cook the rice with some of the broth.[p]IMG_0261Small.jpg[p]Gather up some hog casings, parsley, scallions, salt, white pepper, and cayene pepper.[p]IMG_0260Small.jpg[p]Grind the meat, I used the coarse plate.[p]IMG_0263Small.jpg[p]Mix the rice into the meat and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly adding enough reserved broth to keep it from sticking to you hands.[p]IMG_0266Small.jpg[p]Stuff it.[p]IMG_0267Small.jpg[p]IMG_0268Small.jpg[p]I got six 1' links out of this batch. Now can someone tell me how to cook and eat this stuff, and what sides go with it? Do you put condiments on it? -RP[p]

Comments