Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking For Rib BBQ Sauce

edited 11:03PM in EggHead Forum
Ok guys and gals, I'm looking for a commercial or homemade BBQ sauce for ribs to create the final step of perfection.
·

Comments

• SaucehogSaucehog Posts: 30
    Ribster,
    Try Three Little Pigs. Here is what they have won...an impressive list. There is a reason they were so successful in the comps. Best on ribs and brisket.[p]1995, 2001, 2002, 2003 American Royal Invitational Reserve Grand Champion
    2000 Jack Daniels Sauce World Champion
    1997, 2000 American Royal Invitational Grand Champion
    1998, 1999 American Royal Open Grand Champion
    1998 American Royal Open Grand Champion
    Plus 27 other Championships throughout the United States...need we say more?
    Its "outstanding blend of spices will satisfy even the most discriminating BBQ connoisseur."

[ul][li]Three Little Pigs[/ul]
    ·
  • blues hog sauce...sweet if you like it. I don't prefer it on my que, but it is my secret weapon in baked beans.
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    bhribs.jpg
    <p />Ribster,
    Blues Hog, good luck getting any. It is getting harder and harder to find every day.[p]Mike

·
  • I'm sure you know, but this is where I got it...
    [ul][li]11 down on right...[/ul]
    ·
    GriffinGaDawg,
    Thanks for the link. There are some sauces on there I can't get. Blues Hog is next door to my wash at a Hy-Vee. About $2 a jar less than the site. But, thanks for the others. I have been looking. Can you find Iron Horse. That stuff is flat out good and very hard to find.[p]Mike

·
  • I can't find it anywhere. Searched everywhere I know to search. Sorry sir.
    ·
    GriffinGaDawg,
    It is made by Minonites (SP) in Iowa. You have to get it on the farm. Just thought, hey, it is a great sauce.
    Sorry, but I knew you wouldn't. LOL
    Are you a Georgia Bullgog fan?[p]Mike[p]

·
  • and a bulldawg bred...one day I will be a bulldawg dead.[p]Yes, alumnus of UGA.
    ·
  • Ribster,
    Try Fasr Eddys Rib Glaze

[ul][li]http://www.cookshack.com/index_recipes_record.php?recipe_id=723[/ul]
    ·
  • FatDogFatDog Posts: 164
    Ribster,
    I use a super-secret mix that I make from:[p]1 cup Sonny's sweet BBQ Sauce (Sam's Club)
    1/4 cup grape jelly
    2 - 3 Tablespoons Maker's Mark whiskey[p]I heat the jelly and Sonny's in the nuke box to just melt the jelly then add the whiskey and blend. [p]So far, none of my friends have complained.[p]Doc

·
  • Wow, I guess I have to try several different sauces here. Thanks for all suggestions.
    ·
  • Ribster,
    Try Bob Evans Wildfire. We water it down with pineapple juice and add some cayenne. It's very sweet, but we win with it. Sold at the restaurant if you have one local.

·