Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Back Ribs - part one (pics)

Options
DobieDad
DobieDad Posts: 502
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I asked the butcher to cut this seven bone slab leaving more meat on them than usual.[p]Rubbed with a little mustard and dusted with Raising the Steaks.[p]BeefRibs_006sm.jpg[p]BeefRibs_004sm.jpg[p]
I put them on a little while ago, indirect, at 275° (guru).[p]I'll start checking on these after about 5 hours or so, and expect them to come of at hour 6 or 7.[p]Stay tuned.[p]DD

Comments

• SkyRider
    SkyRider Posts: 41
    Options
    DobieDad,
    Let us know how it turns out....unusual cut of meat, now sure we have that kind of cow in Texas........H.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    DobieDad,
    Nice meat cutter. That is probably the best beef rack I have seen in a long time.[p]Mike

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]Those are some nice ribs, meaty and long....which cooker are you using?[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    BeefRibs_009.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]Large BGE. Actually, I just check the internal and found they were at 195°, and the fork test was (+), so now they are wrapped in towels in a cooler. [p]My last rib rack took a full 7 hours, and these took a little over 4. Either there is a great big difference in the two racks, or I'm about to learn something . . . which is part of why I cook.[p]I'll post a photo after I carve them.[p]DD