Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuban Roast Pork With Mojo Marinade

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Out of this world.
I made up a big batch of the Mojo...20 cloves of garlic etc.
The pork roast went on @ 350º indirect cooked until the internal temp was 165º.
I basted about three times in the 1.5 - 2 hours the roast cooked. Used some of the reserved Mojo and reduced it in a small pan on the stove top and used it to finish the sliced pork on the plater. Just finished and the wife said this one was a keeper! Enough left for tomorrow night and a sammich or two.
I would say try this one![p]Carey

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Sundown, check your eMail, I sent the Black Bean recipe to you. The location (and the recipe) is posted in the thread you strated below.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Sundown,
    The MOJO recipe sounds awesome. I will have to give it a try. Now only if Dr. Evil would have known about this method because that way he wouldnt of had to go back in time to steal Austin Powers' MOJO. YEAHH BA-BYYYYYYYY!
    ST

• Birdman
    Birdman Posts: 66
    Options
    Sundown,That sounds GOOD! Where would I find the Mojo recipe?[p]

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    birdman,
    Here's the recipe from www.icuban.com.[p]Mojo Marinade
    20 cloves garlic
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 and 1/2 cups sour orange juice (In a pinch, use two parts orange to one part lemon and one part lime)
    1 cup minced onion
    1 teaspoon oregano
    1 and 1/2 cups Spanish olive oil[p]Mash garlic and salt into a paste, using a mortar and pestle. Stir in sour orange juice, onion, and oregano. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer.[p]In a saucepan, heat olive oil to the boiling point and remove from the heat. Whisk in the garlic-orange juice mixture until well blended. Makes 1 quart [p]I'm planning to make this in the next day or two, but I'm thinking I'll put the garlic and onion in the blender with the juice.
    BS

[ul][li]Internet Cuban[/ul]