Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Scallops

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for something simple --Help!![p]Thanks

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    scallops.jpg
    <p />Old Man,
    Cook direct around 300. Melt garlic butter in a pan. Dip and serve. That is simple.
    I haven't had a bad scallop yet. Just love them.[p]Next time, wrap in proscuitto. Cover with Raging River. Then dip and serve.[p]Mike

• KevinHKevinH Posts: 165
    Old Man,[p]If they are fat sea scallops, I have a plan for you.[p]Put a good pat of butter in a coffee cup with minced garlic and lime or lemon juice. Melt the butter in the microwave and stir to combine. Brush the melted butter all over the scallops. Sprinkle lightly with fresh ground black pepper and salt.[p]Optional: if you have skewers, thread the scallops on double (parallel) skewers. If you don't have skewers, just put the scallops on the grid and flip with tongs.[p]Preheat the Egg to around 450 degrees. Cook direct on the lower grid with no smoking wood chips. Standard sea scallops take 2 - 2.5 minutes per side. The really big ones might take 3 minutes per side. Don't overcook![p]-Kevin
  • KevinH,I like to mix finely diced garlic,a few capers (with a little juce), juice from 1/2 lemon, a dash of herbs provicale, and a tbl. spn. of olive oil. let marinate for an hour or 2. spark up the egg, bring the temp up tp 500'. place the scallops on the grill (direct heat) for 2-5 mins. as stated the most important thing...... don't over cook!!!! serve with fresh grilled asparagus and a loaf of sour dough bread. don't get any better than this!!! ken