Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let's hear it for woosday!

Options
2»

Comments

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Lawn, is that a three legged dog you got there, or is that just trick photography?
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Dos Huevos,
    He's proven so tasty, we hated to eat him all at one time. (see Penfresh below) :o) Nope, I guess it's trick photography because he's intact. [p]Happy 4th!

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Your table does appear to be on blocks though......Jeff Foxworthy would be proud :>)[p]H

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    You don't miss much, do you? :o) Yep...there's some slope to this new location. I thought about standing on a 2x4 with my right foot, or taking the heel and sole off of my left shoe so the table would be level, but I really studied the matter and decided that those blocks were cheaper than new shoes.[p]Mike

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    City Slicker ,
    Do you do anything to the pepper besides slice it up and lay it on the rice? We've always put diced sauteed peppers in the rice before cooking but I like the idea of having them on top like that. [p]Gwen

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I really have to try those scallops - they look so good.[p]Last night we had ribs. I made the recipe in this month's Sunset, which uses dried cherries and zinfandel.[p]Ribs just off the grill:
    118_1867.jpg[p]Ribs cut and ready to serve:
    118_1868.jpg[p]Ribs, garlic parmesan bread (made the bread from scratch!), and fruit salad (sorry, I didn't grow the fruit):
    118_1869.jpg[p]Banana cream pie (store-bought crust) for dessert (and breakfast, and lunch):
    118_1870.jpg[p]
    I can see I'm gonna have to work on my focus! But you get the idea.
    Gwen

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    I glad you posted that pic. I was under the impression that, you had to use a drip pan or have a grease fire. Cooking more just got easier.[p]Mike

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    July32007035.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Good lookin food and a great lookin bug![p]Cooking a batch of venison chili tonight and chicken tomorrow... so instead, here's a shot of pretty flowers and this week's vegetable garden which is just starting to crank out the edibles. [p]July32007065.jpg[p]oh, the cat days of summer...
    July32007030.jpg[p][p]a few of our pigeons out for a spin...
    July32007061.jpg[p]Happy WoosDay![p]john

• City Slicker
    Options
    dimplesmom,
    No, just let the skins go black and then remove them. Put the blackened peppers in a stretch and seal covered container for 15 min to cool off, remove the skins, pull out the core, slice them up and pour the juice in the bowl on top of the rice.

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Gorgeous garden! I didn't plant one this year due to just too many weeds. I need to have someone come in and bulldoze. I planted tomatoes, green peppers, and some melon in 3 straw bales instead. So far so good, esp on the tomatoes. We'll see.[p]I love me a good old fashioned garden, tho. Yours is super.[p]Gwen

• Unknown
    Options
    ArtieQ,
    he didn't cook those. i did.
    he stole my photo and is trying to pass it off as his own.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    dimplesmom,[p]Thanks, Gwen! Do you need some zucchini? We're completely overrun with them. :~)[p]john
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    I haven't grown zucchini for years. It's too easy to get them from people who grow too many![p]Gwen