Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let's hear it for woosday!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2jul2007-012.jpg
<p />ring of fatties ^[p]sea scallops:[p]1jul2007-007.jpg[p]1jul2007-002.jpg[p]1jul2007-006.jpg[p]so i'm watching this 1957 movie about a huge praying mantis and i find this in the window![p]2jul2007-006.jpg[p]

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    IMG_4146.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Wow, that's some hot stuff Rick, beautiful looking scallops.[p]DianaQ made this Red White and Blue dessert.
    I had to take a picture before I dove in.
    Happy 4th of July,
    Clay[p]

IMG_4134.jpg

BGETwosplitchickens07010.jpg

BGERyeBeerBread017-1.jpg

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    happy woosday back at ya rick!![p]italian sausage and peppers from the other night...[p]
    IMG_1298.jpg[p]IMG_1300.jpg[p]IMG_1302.jpg[p]IMG_1304.jpg[p]and on the bug theme, my favorite cicada pic from a few years ago ...[p]DSCN0229.jpg

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]There are some big advantages to working from home!
    P7010044.jpg
    "I love the smell of smoke in the morning. It smells like ... VICTORY"[p]P7010041.jpg?t=1183466393
    P7010043.jpg?t=1183466421
    A few cooking friends[p]P6300038.jpg
    P7010047.jpg
    Some beef ribs[p]P7010045.jpg
    and beef jerkey[p]Have a great day and let's celebrate another birthday for our great land![p]Smokey

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    chickcornloaded.gif

XL loaded to the max

chickcorndone.gif

Getting hungry

chickcornboard.gif

Half cocked chicken done with Big Sid's "rub me meat mon"

chickcornplate.gif

Had to wear a rain suit to eat the juicy chicken. Corn was not fresh picked but had great smoky taste, roasted pepper on rice is family favorite now.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    100_1472.jpg
    fresh caught wild landlock salmon, hate it when the native ones wont revive and i have to keep one. marinated over night and cooked with my favorite sausage, portuguese chourico[p]100_1476.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    fishlessman, very creative...

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    tjv,
    notice how your spider lifts the stone just above the fire bricks. thats my pizza setup. it works nice. cook was done at 500 degrees

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tjv
    woo2raisedcornbouden.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight, boudain from cajun country, sweet corn and playing with toys. Summer is here. [p]Anyone with tips on making boudain. That stuff is awesome....T

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]000_0093.jpg[p]
    Polenta Stuffed Poblano Peppers

• KW
    KW Posts: 13
    tjv,
    Where did you get that Boudain? I get it at Kroger.[p]Ken

• tjv
    fishlessman, other folks have told me about using the Spider inverted on grids and such. It's a cool idea I need to try.
    thanks for the pic. T

• tjv
    wooraisedgridbouden.jpg
    <p />KW, sister-in-law brought it from Southeast Texas. The place has been making it for over 30 years. I'd rather eat good boudain than good sausage anyday, stuff is addicting![p]Low and Slow for several hours with pecan wood...
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Packer7.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]A nicely "meteorized" brisket. No nice slices pic. Tried to hurry it a bit by foiling at end, so when I cut it, it pretty much turned to pulled beef. [p]gdenby

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC02992aTrent.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I was working too much so no food pictures this week. But here's a picture I snapped on Sunday of a guy that makes his living playing with fire and smoke. He was putting the finishing touches on this mining bucket which my client shipped out on schedule at 0500 this morning. This means I get the day off!!![p]dsc03040aL.jpg[p]Happy WoosDay & Happy July 4th[p]~thirdeye~[p]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    SyraQ, my wife would love those.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    flatiron1_web.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Flat Iron Steak.[p]Happy Woosday![p]TRex
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    SyraQ,[p]Lookin' dang good. I've done those with a by the seat of my pants cornbread filling that had fresh corn mixed in.[p]Care to share your recipe and cook times? I like the cheesy finished look of yours better than mine.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • SyraQ
    Wise One,
    Here's the recipe which I tweaked a little. I used fresh corn and half and half. The polenta tasted sooo good. Some of the poblanos were a little hotter than others.
    Polenta-Stuffed Poblanos
    Serves 2
    • 2 large Poblanos chiles
    • 3/4 tablespoon unsalted butter
    • 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
    • 3/4 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
    • 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
    • 1.75 cups chicken broth
    • 1/4 cup heavy cream
    • 1/ 3 cup canned, drained corn kernels
    • 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh basil
    • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    • 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
    Wash and dry Poblanos. Cut tops off and remove seeds, stem and ribs. Slice each chile in 1/2 from stem end to blossom end. Arrange in a shallow, buttered baking dish. Listen up: At this point make sure you have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go, the polenta requires a lot of stirring so you won’t have time to do your prepping as you go! Oh yeah and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cornmeal and stir to mix. Slowly pour in the chicken broth, stirring to combine. Add the cream, corn, basil, cilantro, salt, and 1?2 of the Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until the polenta becomes thick, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Fill the Poblanos with the polenta. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and the Gruyere. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve hot. (The peppers can be stuffed and baked the preceding day. To serve, bring to room temperature and reheat at 350 degrees F, for about 12 minutes).
    I baked mine on the egg.

• bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]
    closeupburger.jpg[p]Turkey Burgers

• SyraQ
    thirdeye,[p]They were delicious! I posted the recipe below.

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Nosedive.jpg
    Buckle-up!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    thirdeye,
    That is way cool.....
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Looking good sir.[p]The 29th was our anniversery. Romantics we are we both worked......but Saturday after do kid stuff all day we were going out to eat and couldn't find a parking spot at the Greene which tells us how long the wait was going to be so we decided to grill steaks at home. On our way to DLM Angela remembers something we had to get at Sams so off we went.[p]I picked up some tenderloin and gave them the RTS treatment, a mongo bag of baking potatos for a little butter and STT treatment, some mushrooms and onions and mmmmmm mmmmmmm good.[p]SteakwRTS.jpg
    Steakssmoking.jpg
    Steakandmushrooms.jpg
    Shakingthepotatos.jpg

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    steakandshrooms003.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]but I did cook some ribeyes and portabellas last night.[p]Getting started with Rooster, our "ChiWeenie" (Chihuahua/Daschund)[p]steakandshrooms006.jpg[p]Portabellas with garlic / butter / olive oil /Montreal Steak
    steakandshrooms008.jpg[p]steakandshrooms011.jpg

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    tjv,
    Looks like that sausage is fully cooked before it is stuffed into the casings. -RP

[ul][li]Recipe[/ul]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    I made some pig candy last week. CWM is right. This stuff rocks! I did 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tbs of Swamp Venom.
    H[p]pigcandy1.jpg
    pigcandy2.jpg
    pigcandy3.jpg

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    dhuffjr,
    Now that just made me hungry. -RP

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Happy Woosday!![p]How about some bacon wrapped pork tenderloins, marinated in molasses and teriyaki, dusted with DP.[p]BaconWrappedPorkTenderloins.jpg[p]
    And some ABTs that were finished as a wonderful garnish - stuffed with some rib meat from Saturday's BB Ribs.[p]ABTs.jpg

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    ArtieQ,[p]I did not parcook the bacon, but used some that was paper thin. I buy the el Cheapo Kroger brand for anything I bacon wrap and it cooks up pretty quickly. I tried to leave a small gap between the loin medallions to get the bacon done but due to the angle of the photo you can't really see it.
  • penfresh
    penfresh Posts: 103
    Lawn Ranger,[p]you started with Rooster? did you marinate him? looks pretty tender to me...what rub did ya use?[p]Penny