Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

EggHatter says this recipe is a keeper!

SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,947
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]EggHatter was going through some of her recipe cards and found one called "Apple-Pork Kebabs". The recipe is as follows:[p]2 lbs. boneless pork roast, loin or shoulder (I used tenderloins)
1/4 cup apple juice, bourbon or dark rum (I guess this is the "apple" part, since I used dark rum only)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp coarsley ground black pepper[p]Cut meat into 1-1/2 to 2 inch chunks and place in bowl. Mix other ingredients and pour over the meat mixing until chunks are coated. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight (I went about 1 hour tonight).[p]Thread meat onto skewers and grill on main grid level. Dome temp 300 to 350 turning about every 5 - 6 minutes for a total of about 18 to 20 minutes.[p]Here is the meat in the bowl soaking up the good stuff.[p]P6300001.jpg[p]I used a total of about 4.5 lbs of tenderloin so I doubled the marinade mixture. Here are the finished kebabs on my new green serving platter. The water spots are from the rain that started to come down just before I started taking the kebabs off the Egg. Add a chunk of Guava for some wonderful smoke added.[p]P6300004.jpg[p]And a closeup of the meat.[p]P6300007.jpg[p]Added a baked potato (done in the microwave since we didn't ahead about what to have for a side).[p]EggHatter also did her Gooey Butter Top Cake (in the oven since I didn't think ahead about baking it in the Egg).[p]P6300008.jpg[p]Another easy, quick dinner, plus with cooking that much meat we have some for lunches this week.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

website ---  http://mysite.verizon.net/respulq1/index.html

Comments