Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AJC Article on East vs West: Carolina BBQ

Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the article was titled: "East vs West: Which Carolina BBQ is the Best?" And what do they think South Carolina serves: chopped liver? Well, maybe the BBQ hash is but the pulled pork definitely is not. But this article was only about North Carolina style BBQ and was somewhat interesting. The best part is that it quoted our own BobbyQ referring to him as "a Chamblee BBQ grill salesman". That's like called Giada De Laurentis a "California-based Italian cook". But they did get two good quotes from him. And they did spell his name correctly. Good job, Bobby!

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Wise One:[p]I like this one . . .[p]Said Cresap: "It's probably got a better chance negotiating peace in the Middle East."[p]

• Wise One
    Mario Jaekel, yes - actually on the front page!

• Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Wise One, you are correct what about South Carolina? I guess we can forgive the poor AJC columnist. Since the AJC no longer delivers newspapers to South Carolina, why would he care, South Carolinians do not get the paper anyway.

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Wise One,
    I wasn't sure when this was gonna come out so thanks for posting about it.[p]They weren't looking to talk to BGE they wanted to talk with someone who had an opinion on the whole NC East vs NC West conflict. I've got a bunch of friends from both sides of the state and have experienced that particular fight several times. [p]Myron Mixon actually sent the guy to talk to me. He knew that I had some experiences from the "war" and thought I might have a good perspective or at least be good for a quote. I never figured he's use that Middle East quote in the current climate but it was my favorite quote.[p]I'm gonna try and make it to that event this fall, if you're near there it should be worth a trip.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Wise One,
    Probably a dumb question, but what is AJC? -RP

• Wise One
    Steeler Fan, and intelligent Georgians do not get it either. I just can't give up the comics. "Cathy" has a pretty good BBQ-related panel today.

• Wise One
    AZRP, Atlanta Journal-Constitution. It's the local firestarter for this part of the country.

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Wise One,
    It is interesting that CELTIC WOLF is remaining so quiet on this subject.[p]BTW, now I know why I don't care for SC BBQ Wise One. It's made of chopped liver.[p]Long live NC BBQ the only REAL BBQ.[p]Sorry you Texans but if it moos, it is just meat.[p]Boy did that feel good to see the truth finally come out.[p]LOL, LOL, LOL so much my sides hurt.[p]

• Wise One
    Morro Bay Rich, I'm just going to have to bring in (or make) some SC BBQ hash for EGGtoberfest. We'll just have to get you and dr bbq into a blind tasting. You guys would love it if you ever had some really authentic SC BBQ hash on rice.

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Wise One,
    Interestingly I plan on attending to the Atlanta Fest this year. I'll be looking for you but as far as a blind test with Dr BBQ -- NC BBQ isn't served with rice so we will have to figure out some other way to blind the test.[p]Looking forward to a taste of what is called "good" SC BBQ,
    Rich