Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk chicken on the egg??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to try doing a whole chicken jerk style on the egg today. What is the best way to do so? I've got some walkerswood jerk seasoning paste to use. What other tips can you all give me? Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    mozer67,[p]I do jerk chicken all the time. Spatchcock the chicken and rub olive oil on the skin. Slide your fingers underneath the skin to loosen, but make sure you don't tear the skin so it falls off. Rub the pasted under the skin as much as possible. You can use a spoon to push the paste around the thighs and legs. Rub some paste on the outside of the skin, it will adhere to the olive oil.[p]Then cook direct on a raised grid, bone side down, at 375 degrees for about an hour for a 4 lb chicken (more or less depending on size). No flipping required, and the bird will get a nice smoky flavor from the lump -- don't add smoking wood.[p]Naked Whiz has a great description of spatchcock chicken, see link below.[p]
    [ul][li]spatchcock chicken[/ul]