Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Prime Rib

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking at doing Mad Max Prime Rib today... I understand we need to roast til an internal temp of 125 degrees. About how long of a cook time and what size roast??[p]Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Mad Max's Prime Rib recipe is a winner...no question....But you'll need to decide what size Prime Rib to cook...How many people you feedin'??....Prime Rib cooks relative quickly and you'll likely be finished inside 3 hours depending on how well done you'd like it to be.....[p]It's really all about intermal meat temp....145 is rare....I pull mine off at 140...and the hunk of meat does continue to cook a bit after removal from the BGE...let set for about 15 minutes or so before slicing.....[p]Good luck...[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Basset Hound,
    i figure about 15 minutes per pound, at 325 grid temp, for medium rare. ...not to argue with eddiemac, but pulling at 140 internal is medium+ . . i pull at 125 internal, let it rest under foil for at least 15 minutes prior to slicing....the center looks like what you see in my pictures. . .if thats not done enough for you, let her go more towards 18 - 20 minutes per pound. .. but keep a close eye on the internal temps ...the only way you can screw up a prime rib is to over cook it. ...

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Basset Hound,[p]I cooked two standing rib roasts 3.75 lbs each basically using Max's method (thanks) at 300 degrees for about 2 hours until they were 120 degrees internal. Then I wrapped them in foil and put in a small cooler for 30 minutes to rest and let the temp rise. When I carved them, they were medium rare. Nobody complained, and I didn't have any leftovers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    The MAN!!!Thank you...