Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is Nature Boy around?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello.[p]I'm wanting to try one of Nature Boys chicken recipes tonight. I'm using leg quarters as well. But mine are skinless, and I'm wanting to know if that will effect cooking temp / time?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Timothy Reaves,
    Even though we don't eat the skin, I really like cooking with the skin on, as it self bastes the meat, but it will probably work well without skin...since it is dark meat. Which recipe/cooking method are you planning on using? I would probably go indirect at 375-400, brush the chicken with peanut oil before cooking, and maybe when you flip them. Should take around an hour or maybe a tad more for the whole leg quarters. One flip after 30 or 40 minutes should do.[p]Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Timothy.
    Also, I wrote those recipes some time ago, and can suggest substitutions or eliminations if you don't have certain ingredients. also Have also figured some ways to simplify many of my recipes for when I am strapped for time. Fee free to email me if you have any questions![p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy,[p]I was planning on the indirect as you have it; 400 degrees for one hour, turn, 30 minutes more.[p]So leaving the skin on won't subtract from the the marinade getting into the meat?
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Timothy Reaves,
    I usually peel the skin away partiially, then apply the marinade. When I cook, I move the skin back in place, and cook skin up for the first 45-60 minutes. Man I love ckicken. Even talking about it makes me hungry.[p]Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com