Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

temperature control

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't seem to get the temperature to go under 310. I have the top closed and the vents barely open. The bottom vent is barely open too. I was trying to get 250-275.[p]Also, is there a search feature on the forum page?

Comments

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    Sandy,
    It takes less than you can believe. As a newbie, I was also always having too much air/temp.
    The bottom vent should be open about a credit card or two width usually, with the top just cracked.
    "Archives" is the search function.

• John
    John Posts: 62
    Options
    Sandy,
    At the bottom of this page there is a Google Search you can use. It takes a while to cool down the egg. If you can you should start regulating the temp about 25/50 degrees before you reach your desired temperature. Hope this helps. John

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Sandy,[p]Start thinking about regulating your temp by sneaking up on it 50º or so before you hit your required temp/ I set the top vent in one spot and do all of my regulating with the lower vent. Tap it gently with your ash tool and i mean gently. You play with it a few times and you'll have it down pat.