Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Williams-Sonoma Catalog and the Egg--LOL!

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The July catalog has an Egg spread over half of p. 43, with a big picture of the Egg opened at the end of a cook, finished ribs being pulled off--but I swear that's the rain cap on top of it, with the lid raised! It must have been glued on. The little picture of the setup for sale at $895.95 doesn't include the daisy wheel lid. Their stylist didn't know about the nuances of cooking on the Egg![p]There are recipes for Chopped Barbequed Pork, with an illustrated "How to Chop Pork (with a cleaver), and for Memphis Ribs with coleslaw. You can go to www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe for these recipes too, I'll bet.[p]The grill-top popcorn popper is sure cute at $34.95.[p]
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Judy Mayberry, WS has some pretty neat grill accessories although I'm usually limited to purchasing them after July when the "summer" items go on sale. I picked up a nice fish basket where the handle unattaches so you can actually close the EGG with the basket on.

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    Judy Mayberry,
    Folks ordering through WS will also be surprised to find out their eggs are not warranted as there are no authorized internet dealers.
    Paul

• Don from NJ
    Options
    I thought this was not the case, as they are shipping them directly from Atlanta. It was posted here on the forum when the catalog first came out..

as a side note, I purchased my egg because of the WS catalog, well sorta, i was looking into getting one for a few months, and i kept putting it off. The WS catalog came, got me interested in getting one again, and i purchased one (not from WS, but a local dealer here in NJ) i've had my Large just over a month, and been thru 2 20lbs bags of BGE lump, and i'm about a 1/4 into a 22lb bag of Wicked Good lump as of last night :-) thinking of getting rid of the oven/stove in the kitchen so i can put some cabinets in to store my BGE stuff...
  • Don from NJ
    Options
    also just noticed they do not offer the egg for sale on their website (not that i could find) only in the catalog, so this could be why they are able to sell them.. and by their prices, they are making a nice profit :-)
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Essex County,[p]I understand what you are saying but I think that might be a question needing a clarification by BGE themselves. WS is mostly a catalog store with alternative ordering through bricks and mortar and through Internet methods. I don't think they quite meet the criterion that is intended by the anti-Internet purchase policy. But until we are told otherwise, I'd certainly be wary.