Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Bacon

Rick G
Rick G Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A couple of weeks ago some one posted a canadian bacon recipe that used Mortons Tender Quick. He said that he injected the pork with maple syrup. Does anyone have that recipe?? or another one that uses Mortons?

Comments

• KS Cheryl
    KS Cheryl Posts: 71
    Rick G,
    That would be be me. Here's how I do it. I use boneless pork loin the leanest ones I can find. For each lb of meat combine
    1 Tablespoon of Mortons tender quick
    1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
    1 Tablespoon of raw or white sugar (I like raw best)
    Rub this in all over meat (I use gloves as it can sting if you have any little cuts)
    Place in zip lock bag in fridge for 5 days, turning over every day. Liquid that accumulates is normal keep it in there. After 5 days rinse with cold water or you can even let it soak to remove more salt. Now for the fun part I inject mine with maple syrup either before I smoke or before I put on cure. I have even done both, makes it moist. Smoke indirect at 250 to 275 for about 3 hours or until 165 degrees. Use your choice of wood for smoke. Cheryl

• Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    KS Cheryl,
    THANK YOU!!!! Thats just the one I was looking for. Im gonna try it this weekend.[p]Thanks again!!