Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey CW - do you have that berry dessert recipe?

AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw the pics of that berry cobblery looking thing -do you have a recipe? I'm looking for some dutch oven stuff to do this weekend.[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    AlaskanC,[p] Yes I have a recipe!![p]
  • I have a recipe too. (couldn't resist)[p]Spacey
  • Celtic Wolf
    Spaceman Spiff,[p] Well she asked if I have a recipe for the Black Berry Cobbly Thingie.. (Think that is what I will call it) [p] Well I do have a recipe for it..[p]
  • AlaskanC
    Ok, let me rephrase that.[p]CW - can I pretty please have that berry cobblery thingy recipe??? :)
  • Celtic Wolf
    AlaskanC,[p]Yes!!![p]OK OK Before you shoot me :)[p]Blackberry Upside Down Cake. (It is not a cobbler)[p]3-6 pints of blackberries. Amount is based on your preference plus size of dutch oven. I used 6 pints in that picture.[p]1-2 cups of Sugar I used Splenda in all of this recipe.[p]Put berries in a bowl and throughly mix with the Sugar. Let it sit at room temperature for a couple hours. This will draw out some of the juice. [p]pessimist [p]
    Cake Portion (good in 5qt, double for 6qt, triple for 9qt)[p]1/4 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg beaten
    1/2 cup Milk
    1 1/2 cup flour
    2 tsp. baking powder[p]Cream Butter, add sugar gradually. and add egg;
    Mix flour,Baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to first mixture.[p]Spread the mixture evenly in the dutch oven. The mixture will be rather thick. Pour the berries on top.[p]Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or till a fork comes out clean.[p]FYI: This is also good with Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries or Peaches.

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Celtic Wolf,
    Thanks for posting this. I will try it soon. I am a big dutch oven cooker, egg and open fire both. Have you ever tried mixing blueberries and pineapple? If not try it. I do one similar and the mix is always the favorite with others.
    Tom

• AlaskanC, Your post made me sad. We used to have Char-Woody here, who was also known as C~W. I miss him![p]But, I'm glad to see you have a "real" computer. We're on vacation, poaching the neighbor's wireless signal and my old G3 iBook's airport card works beeter than my husband's über mac. Go figure....[p]And, I'm really sorry we never got a chance to talk in Atlanta. Perhaps I was beyond talking at the after party....

• AlaskanC
    You know Julie, it hadn't occured to me that CW also meant Char-Woody. :([p]Hope to see you in Atlanta - we can catch up then!