Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri-tip in dutch over

edited 11:27PM in EggHead Forum
I have a local butcher that ties a tri-tip in string webbing. Last time I did this, I just marinated it and put it on the egg at 350 dome temp. until internal temp was 135. It was great. I was going to do the same this time but I've been reading so much about cast iron dutch oven cooking that I would like to give this a try. Haven't done anything in a dutch oven yet and I don't want to spoil this good piece of meat. Any suggestions as to how I should do this or should I just make it like I usually do?
·

Comments

• KingerKinger Posts: 147
    Chuter,[p]I have not used a dutch oven but don't think that I would do a Tri Tip in one. I think of dutch oven cooking like using a crockpot and to me Tri TIp is not a crock pot type of cut (too lean). Get a chuck roast for the Dutch oven. Your first method of cooking the tri tip sounds really good.[p]Kinger
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Chuter,
    Oh the blasphemy of it all.

[ul][li]Santa Maria Style Tri-tip[/ul]
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Chuter,[p] I love Dutch Ovens; however, the only time they will see a Tri-Tip is if the tip is next to it on the grill.[p] Save the dutch oven for tougher pieces of beef like the chuck roast.. [p]
    ·